Why I’m here:
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” Charles Darwin
And It’s Life Starts’ First Birthday And The Year’s
Review!(How I feel at the end of 2012!)
I can’t believe it’s been a year since I first started this site, it feels completely surreal!
It has been such a huge year for me, the Seize The Day List literally changed my life! The highlights are on my quarterly updates:
But ultimately the biggest thing has been nearly fully overcoming anxieties that have plagued me for 10 years which was something that had been a huge battle but this year, with the help of a new nearly daily yoga practice (in the comfort of my own home!), revised eating habits and having a more stimulated and focused mind.
54 out of 71!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So no, I didn’t complete the entire list!
I’d say I’m disappointed but I have literally achieved more this year than I ever thought was possible so the fact that I couldn’t squeeze everything in is not something I’d even consider beating myself up about, this year has just been too productive to care. In actuality, I will try to squeeze those activities in to 2013 so at least I satisfy those particular plans.
Plans for 2013!!!
“When I look into the future, it’s so bright it burns my eyes. ” Oprah Winfrey
So 2013 is going to be a little bit different from 2012.
As much as I adored the list and what it brought to me, I’m still learning what works for me and what I want to do with my time. So from 2012 I’ve gained a lot of self-discipline (blogging every day and achieving plans will do that) and with those newly acquired skills, I’ve decided that 2013 I want to truly workout what I’m doing with my life and also find a way to earn money from self employment (part time initially but I would like to build it up in the long run).
As I’m still not entirely sure of the direction I want to go in, I know that I’ll need to read more, study more and commit a lot of time and energy to this but I know that this is how I want to further my self-development and I’m so excited to try it.
I’ll keep blogging with with my plans and progress as they develop and I’m hoping to spend more time on Primal Zest this coming year, which has been something I didn’t really have a lot of time to do this year because of my commitment to daily blogging on Life Starts, I don’t know if that will end up being something I can use as an income source but it is absolutely something I want to take further regardless because I truly believe that the Primal/Paleo lifestyle make such a difference to life.
Here’s to 2013!
My 2012 Plans
What I want by the end of 2012:
- To seize each and every day, regardless of my current job and thought process.
- To achieve my list of New Things by the end of the year.
- To push passed my fears and really live.
- To help others through this same journey.
How I feel at the beginning of 2012:
- I love my husband and our home but aside from that I find it difficult to feel proud of myself and my life.
- I am a university drop out. Nearly ten years on I feel like I’ve achieved little, it has a lot to do with that.
- I am a semi-recovered panic-attack sufferer, I don’t want to go into why I have them as I will not focus on the past but I have discussed their effects and when they started and their triggers and I will discuss fears when they come up and how I try to overcome them. Though anyone who has gone through the will know that regardless of the initial cause, they end up making you scared of a lot of things, regardless of justification.
And on a random note, things that interest me, in no particular order:
Yoga, photography, creative writing, reading, cooking, learning trivia about films, travelling to new places, sushi, paleo cooking, raw cooking, The Blues Brothers, meditation, spirituality, tattoos, perfecting life, bliss, nachos, sunrise, learning about new things, learning about new people, moonrise, my friends, family and happily ever afters.