So, following yesterday’s end of post comment about the antibiotics making me a little nauseous, things ended up getting a lot worse and my poor body has gone through some major gastroenterological issues. Thankfully I’ve spoken to my GP this morning who advised that I stop taking the antibiotics and is thankfully prescribing something topical for my infected finger.
In the mean time, I thought I’d share some Primal foods to eat when unwell:
- Chicken Soup: it’s easy to digest, full of nutrients and is wholly comforting, there’s a reason chicken soup and broth has been what mothers have been giving to ill children for hundreds of years, it really helps!
- Bananas: Another easy to digest food, and it’ll help your energy levels and restore depleted levels of electrolytes if you’ve had diarrhea.
- Squash (the vegetable): A roasted squash is full of vitamins (high in the very lovely vitamin C) and is another lovely source of potassium which will help with the electrolytes again. It also is slightly blander in taste than other foods so is easier to keep down if you’re not feeling too good.
- Primal crackers: Sometimes we just need something bland and crunch and these ones look great.
- Roasted sweet potatoes: If you want something stodgy but not too bad from a Primal point of view, a sweet potato is a great way to go, either have it plain or with a little butter or a protein like plain roast chicken to help keep you full but not overstimulate your delicate taste-buds.
- Ginger tea: Take about a two thirds of an inch of raw ginger and boil in about a pint or two (depending on how strong you can take the ginger taste) of water for about twenty minutes and then sip. Once you’re used to the taste it becomes really soothing and really helps solve a sick belly.
Take care and most importantly rest up because your body needs to use all it’s energy to recover.